Heltzel, Richard, Healy Tibbitts Builders Inc.
Nobriga, Ryan, Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Kaneshige, Glen, Nordic PCL Construction, Inc.
Asahina, Dean, Universal Construction
Brown, Daniel, Nordic PCL Construction
Bustard, John, King & Neel, Inc.
Chun, Darian, Royal Contracting
Dennis, Ryan, Swinerton Builders
Ehara, George, APB Construction Corp.
Fujiki, Colin, Swinerton
Hayashi, Keith, Herbert Chock & Associates
Heahlke, Matt, Goodfellow Bros., Inc.
Ichimura, Gregg, Koga Engineering & Construction
Inouye, Lance, Ralph S. Inouye Co.
Joseph, Steve, PVT Land Company
Kennedy, Paul, Risk Solution Partners
Leong, Leonard, Royal Contracting
Lindemann, Bill, Lindemann Construction, Inc.
Luiz, Douglas II, Diversified Plumbing
Machida, Layne, Civil-Mechanical Contractor
Matsumoto, Skye, Master Sheet Metal, Inc.
Mitchell, Ron, Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Moritomo, Teri, Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Nohara, Rodney, Jayar Construction, Inc.
Ota, Cedric, Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Regalado, Clarence, Aon Risk Services, Inc.
Rogers, Doug, Moss & Associates
Romanowski, John, Jas W. Glover, Ltd.
Shintani, Lili, Alan Shintani, Inc.
Sofos, Tom, Tom Sofos
Soto, Michael, Raising the Standard
Spencer, Sean, King & Neel
Taketa, Theodore, Starcom Builders, Inc.
Thon, Jason, Unlimited Construction Services
Tomas, Robert, Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Venezia, Mike, Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Wilhelm , Lance, The Wilhelm Group
Yamasaki, Aaron, Swinerton Builders
Young, Michael, A. C. Kobayashi, Inc.
Committee Purpose Statement and Specific Goals for 2020
Committee Purpose Statement
- The Legislative Committee shall review and make recommendations pertaining to laws, ordinances, acts, and codes which affect the Construction Industry. It shall also take steps to initiate and promote desirable legislation and defeat harmful legislation.
- Increase membership participation at the legislature.
- Update our priorities and action plans to support the GCA’s Strategic Plan.
- Coordinate our efforts with other legislative organizations on common issues and approach the legislature as a unified group.
- Participate in the sponsorship of programs beneficial to the construction industry.
Specific Goals for 2020
- Advocate in support of affordable housing initiatives.
- Monitor and oppose initiatives that attempt to implement government mandated project labor agreements, educate and meet with industry associations, unions lawmakers, state and county agencies to address concerns.
- Submit recommendations for appointments to key Boards and Commissions and actively push for and support key nominations.
- Address contractor licensing and subcontractor listing issues.
- Develop legislative relationships with specific members of the legislature.
- Monitor Workers’ Compensation reform.
- Monitor and support Honolulu’s High-Capacity Transit Project.
- Monitor other legislation affecting the Construction Industry.
Long Term Goals
- Review other GCA committee requests for support and provide assistance when appropriate.
- Educate, monitor and discourage use of government mandated project labor agreements.
- Further relationships with Basic Trades and Subcontractor groups.
- Monitor and submit names as appropriate for select Boards and Commissions such as the Contractors Licensing Board, Environmental Council, Plumbers and Electricians Board, and other Boards as may be suggested.
- Encourage members to use newly created Legislative Action Center.
- Monitor sustainability initiatives which may result in legislative mandates which affect the Construction industry.
Committee Schedule for 2020
The Committee meets monthly on the second Wednesday at 7:00 a.m., unless noted.
January 15 ........................ 7am (Opening Day)
February 5-6 ........................ Bill Review Session February 19
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings to start at 7:30 a.m. and to be held at the GCA Board Room or via teleconference. The meeting notice/agenda will be sent to all members prior to the meeting date.