State D.O.T - GCA Committee
Simmons, Marc, Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
Villabona, Hugo, Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Miyasaki, Robert, HDOT – Highways Division, Construction Maintenance Branch
Baginski, Steve, Kaikor Construction Company, Inc.
Akimseu, Greg, Hawaiian Cement
Asato, Clay, Koga Engineering & Construction
Au, Nicholas, GPRM Prestress
Bustard, John, King & Neel, Inc.
Capili, Jigs, Kaikor Construction
Ceria, Miliss, Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
Ching, Colin, Hawaiian Dredging Constr.
Chung, Clifton, Harry Asato Painting
Corpuz, Jonathan, Koga Engineering & Construction
Di Nola, Gennaro, Watts Constructors
Elento, Wendell, Integrated Security Technologies
Folks, Timothy, Hawaiian Cement
Fujiokawa, Alvin, Koga Engineering
Ganiko, Kurt, Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Goodfellow, Chad, Goodfellow Bros.
Hemingway, Ke, Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
Ho, Dwight, Jas. W. Glover, Ltd.
Hursty, Marnie, Mega Construction
Inouye, Michael, Ralph S. Inouye Co., Ltd.
Kaneakua, Jacob, Koga Engineering & Construction, Inc.
Kumasaki, Eugene, Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Lee, Bennet, Choice Fence
Levins, Maile, B & C Trucking Co., Ltd.
Luiz, Douglas II, Diversified Plumbing
Moritomo, Teri, Hawaiian Dredging Const.
Moore, Fred, HSI Mechanical, Inc.
Nepomuceno, Rex, Statewide Safety Systems and Signs Hawaii
Nii, Raymond, GP Roadway Solutions
Ota, Cedric, Hawaiian Dredging Const.
Pedro, Robert, Apply-A-Line Inc.
Ridela, Joy, Hawaiian Cement
Rasmussen, Kory, Integrated Security Technologies
Romanowski, John, Jas W. Glover, Ltd.
Sabatini, Robert, Choice Fence
Snow, Andrew, Watts Constructors
Sofos, Tom, John H. Connors Insurance
Soto, Michael, Raising the Standard
Tseu, Jon, Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Zubrod, Lee, Michels Corporation
Abe, Casey, HDOT-Highways, Materials Testing & Research
Domingo, Rey, HDOT, Office of Civil Rights
Kawamura, Blaine, HDOT, Highways Div. Const.
Martin, Melanie, Hawaii State DOT, DBE
Rezantes, Kahaa, HDOT
Uechi, Steven, HDOT
Committee Purpose Statement and Specific Goals for 2020
I. COMMITTEE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
The DOT-GCA Committee facilitates the development of cooperative relationships, the sharing of information and the resolution of problems by providing an open forum and established network for communication.
II. SPECIFIC GOALS FOR 2020:
- Facilitate Project Closeout and Project Payment between contractors and the State DOT.
- Continued emphasis on Partnering on all matters between the State and the Contractors to facilitate increased efficiencies and mutual benefits.
- Increase the frequency of providing lists of the projects pending release for bid. Emphasis on allowing Contractors to plan estimating workload
- Increase Contractor input earlier in project development. Coordinated effort by both parties to bring this about.
- Monitor the Qualified Products list on the DOT webpage.
- Compile a list of issues encountered by GCs when closing out projects.
- Support initiative to expedite approval process of 401 and 404.
- Support the State Transportation Innovation Council network program.
Schedule of Meetings for 2020
The Committee meets bi-monthly on the second Wednesday at 10:00 a.m., unless noted.
All scheduled meetings to be held at the General Contractors Association in the Conference Room 2(1st Floor) or via teleconference. A meeting notice/agenda will be sent to all members prior to the meeting date.