State D.O.T - GCA Committee
Simmons, Marc - Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
Shin, Robert - Hawaii State DOT - Highways
Nii, Raymond - Grace Pacific LLC
Akimseu, Greg - Hawaiian Cement
Asato, Clay - Koga Engineering & Construction
Bustard, John - King & Neel, Inc.
Campbell, Scott - Nordic PCL Construction
Ceria, Milissa - Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
Ching, Colin - Hawaiian Dredging Constr.
Ching, Randall - Highway Construction Co., Ltd.
Chung, Clifton - Harry Asato Painting
Di Nola, Gennaro - Watts Constructors
Elento, Wendell - Integrated Security Technologies Inc.
Folks, Timothy - Hawaiian Cement
Fujiokawa, Alvin - Koga Engineering
Ganiko, Kurt - Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Goodfellow, Chad - Goodfellow Bros.
Hemingway, Ke - Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
Ho, Dwight - Jas. W. Glover, Ltd.
Hursty, Marnie - Mega Construction
Inouye, Michael - Ralph S. Inouye Co., Ltd.
Kumasaki, Eugene - Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Lee, Bennet - Choice Fence
Levins, Maile - B & C Trucking Co., Ltd.
Luiz, Douglas II - Diversified Plumbing
Moritomo, Teri - Hawaiian Dredging Const.
Moore, Fred - HSI Mechanical, Inc.
Nepomuceno, Rex - Safety Systems and Signs Hawaii, Inc.
Ota, Cedric - Hawaiian Dredging Const.
Pedro, Robert - Apply-A-Line Inc.
Ridela, Joy - Hawaiian Cement
Romanowski, John Jas W. Glover, Ltd.
Sabatini, Robert - Choice Fence
Snow, Andrew - Watts Constructors
Sofos, Tom - John H. Connors Insurance
Soto, Michael - Raising the Standard
Spraberry, Kyle - Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Tseu, Jon - Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Zubrod, Lee - Michels Corporation
Abe, Casey - Hawaii State, DOT-Highways,
Domingo, Rey - HDOT, Office of Civil Rights
Fukuhara, Don - Hawaii State DOT, DBE
Kawamura, Blaine - HDOT, Highways Div. Const.
Martin, Melanie - Hawaii State DOT, DBE
Committee Purpose Statement and Specific Goals for 2019
Committee Purpose Statement
The DOT-GCA Committee facilitates the development of cooperative relationships, the sharing of information and the resolution of problems by providing an open forum and established network for communication.
Specific Goals for 2019
- Facilitate Project Closeout and Project Payment between contractors and the State DOT.
- Continued emphasis on Partnering on all matters between the State and the Contractors to facilitate increased efficiencies and mutual benefits.
- Increase the frequency of providing lists of the projects pending release for bid. Emphasis on allowing Contractors to plan estimating workload
- Increase Contractor input earlier in project development. Coordinated effort by both parties to bring this about.
- Coordinate with HDOT to compile a list of Qualified Products to streamline process of submittals of standard products.
- Compile a list of issues encountered by GCs when closing out projects.
- Support initiative to expedite approval process of 401 and 404.
- Support the State Transportation Innovation Council network program.
Schedule of Meetings for 2019
The Committee meets bi-monthly on the second Wednesday at 10:00 a.m., unless noted.
April 11 - 10:00 a.m.
All scheduled meetings to be held at the General Contractors Association in the Conference Room 2(1st Floor). A meeting notice/agenda will be sent to all members prior to the meeting date.