Szabo, Victor, Healy Tibbitts Builders, Inc.
Scruton, Gordon Jr., Unlimited Construction Services Inc
Heltzel, Rick, Healy Tibbitts Builders, Inc.
Akimseu, Greg, Hawaiian Cement
Aniya, Paul, Koga Engineering
Benson, Katie, Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Browne, Mary, Nordic PCL Construction, Inc.
Browning, Jacob, Kaikor Construction
Burkards, George, Nordic PCL Construction
Capili, Jigs, Kaikor Construction
Campbell, Edwina, Kiewit Building Group
Chong, Brandon, Koga Engineering & Construction
Chun, Darian, Royal Contracting Co., Ltd.
Clark, Nick, Layton Construction
Daniels, Sara, Grace Pacific LLC
Furumoto, Jolene, A. C. Kobayashi, Inc.
Herold, Randy, ENPRO Environmental
Ichimura, Garrett, Koga Engineering
Jenkins, Michael, Enpro Environmental
Johnson, Oliver, Alakai Mechanical
Joseph, Steve, PVT Land Company, Ltd.
Kimura, Jamie, Koga Engineering & Construction
Lutz, Nathan, Nordic PCL Construction
Macdonald, Andrew, GP Roadway Solutions
Nishioka, Todd, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Inc.
Ogasawara, Troy, Geotech Solutions, Inc.
Sato, Larissa, WSP USA
Shimoda, Randall, Alan Shintani Inc.
Soto, Michael, Raising the Standard
Sullivan, Mary, Lawson & Associates
Umbower, Justin, Exacta Sales
Uyeda, Jill, HDCC
Watts, Rick, Kaikor Construction
Wood, Nadia, Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Wurlitzer, Dane, Hawaiian Cement
CITY & COUNTY REPRESENTATIVES
Coronel, Ramon, C & C
Nakagaki, Mark, City & County Storm Water Quality
Quindica, Ponciana, C & C
Weatherholtz, Mahina, C & C
Llorin, Vincent, DOT
Takeno, Chris, DOT Office of Special Compliance
Hiramoto, Travis, DOH Solid Hazardous Waste
DOH CWB REPRESENTATIVES
Lum, Darryl, HI DOH CWB
Sumida, Shane, HI DOH CWB
Suzuki-Jones, Gail, HI DBEDT Energy Division
Wong, Alec, Clean Water Branch DOH
Committee Purpose Statement and Specific Goals for 2020
COMMITTEE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
- Education of members “Hawaii self-sustaining now & the future” concept.
- Maintain open communication between GCA and the government environmental agencies.
- Inform GCA members of:
- Current environmental protection regulations that may impact the construction industry.
- Best management practices (BMP) that minimize pollution to the maximum extent practical (MEP).
- Promotional measures related to construction and demolitions (C & D) waste reduction and recycling.
- Regulations and safe-work practices introduced to manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Discuss and seek ways to resolve environmental concerns affecting the construction industry.
SPECIFIC GOALS FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2020:
- Increase committee participation, including inter-island representation.
- Update and then Maintain Environmental Committee Web Page
- Create dialogue about the fiscal considerations of environmental stewardship in Hawaii.
- Address Recycling Issues related to the Construction Industry.
- Support the Community Recycling Program
- Promote recycled aggregate as base course
- Sponsorship of:
- Support and promote implementation of Graywater and Wastewater initiative.
- Construction Best Management Practices (BMP)
- Other environmental concerns related to construction activities
- EMS Workshop
- Managing Invasive Species in Hawaii
A. Environmental activities:
- C & D recycling and Waste Management Planning
- U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED™)
- Promote GCA Build Hawaii Award Environmental Category
- Review and comment by Committee on pending draft specification for City and State Environmental Concerns
- Coordinate with Legislative Committee
Schedule of Meetings for 2020The Committee meets monthly on the third Wednesday at 10:00am unless noted.January 15February 19March 18April 15May 20June 17July 15August 19September 16October 21November 18All scheduled meetings to be held at the General Contractors Association in the Conference Room 2(1st Floor) OR VIA Conference Call. A meeting notice/agenda will be sent to all members prior to the meeting date.