Construction Education Committee
Abeshima, James, Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Gono, Cori, Civil-Mechanical Contractor
Kinney, Emmett, Healy Tibbitts Builders, Inc.
Batterman, Scott, Clay Chapman Pulice & Nervell
Choy, Thalia, Genba Hawaii
Clark, Nick, Layton Construction
Clay, Gerald, Clay Chapman Pulice Nervell
Constant, Craig, LendLease
DeTommaso, Christine, Honeywell International Inc.
Edwards, Brady, Layton Construction
Furuya, Colleen, Mass. Electric Construction Co.
Hendrickson, Tricia, Nordic PCL Construction
Kam, Jonathan, Moss & Associates
Koga, Kienen, Nordic PCL Construction
McLaughlin, Jon, Layton Construction
Nakoa, Kawika, Albert C. Kobayashi, Inc.
Nohara, Glenn, Genba Hawaii, Inc.
Richards, Chip, Solid State Lighting Hawaii
Soto, Michael, Raising the Standard
Thompson, Claire, Nordic PCL Construction
Yoneda, Dale, S & M Sakamoto, Inc.
Young, Michael, A. C. Kobayashi, Inc.
UH MANOA REPRESENTATIVE
Akiona, Randy, UH School of Architecture
Committee Purpose Statement and Specific Goals for 2020
- COMMITTEE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
The purpose of the GCA Construction Education Committee is to:
- Provide educational opportunities for members and non-members in the construction industry;
- Monitor the development of Construction Project Management Program at the University of Hawaii
- Implement AGC educational programs.
- SPECIFIC GOALS FOR 2020:
- Offer AGC’s Supervisory Training Program, Project Manager Development Program and encourage on-line training.
- Maintain rapport with the UH College of Engineering and the UH School of Architecture, investigate and suggest possible research projects through the recommendations of other GCA committees (Government related committees, Education Foundation Board, and Safety Committee).
- Maintain the outreach to High School Students.
- Sponsor and Co-sponsor other educational opportunities.
- Construction Law
- AGC Courses
- Project Manager Development Program
- Lean Construction
- Safety Management Training Course
- Assist with the Construction Career Day.
- Monitor the GCA Scholarship Fund established with the UH Foundation.
Committee Meeting Schedule 2020
Thursday, February 27 10:00 a.m.
April 23 .............. “
June 25 ............. “
August 27 .............. “
October 22 ............. “
The Committee meets bi-monthly on the fourth Thursday at 10:00am, unless noted.
All scheduled meetings to be held at the General Contractors Association in the Conference Room 2 (1st Floor) or via teleconference. A meeting notice/agenda will be sent to all members prior to the meeting date.