Construction Education Committee
Furuya, Colleen - Mass. Electric Construction Co.
Abeshima, James - Hawaiian Dredging Construction
Nohara, Glenn - Genba Hawaii, Inc.
Aquino, Manuel Jr. - Performance Systems, Inc.
Batterman, Scott - Clay Chapman Pulice & Nervell
Berry, Karen - Trade Publishing
Brown, Daniel - Nordic PCL Construction
Choy, Thalia - Genba Hawaii
Clay, Gerald - Clay Chapman Pulice Nervell
Constant, Craig - LendLease
DeTommaso, Christine - Honeywell International Inc.
Hendrickson, Tricia - Nordic PCL Construction
Kam, Jonathan - Moss & Associates
Koga, Kienen - Nordic PCL Construction
McLaughlin, Jon - Swinerton Builders
Richards, Chip - Solid State Lighting Hawaii
Rogers, Maile - Walker-Moody Asphalt Maintenance, Ltd.
Soto, Michael - Raising the Standard
Spraberry, Kyle - Hensel Phelps
Yoneda, Dale - S & M Sakamoto, Inc.
UH MANOA REPS:
Akiona, Randy - UH School of Architecture
Committee Purpose Statement and Specific Goals for 2019
Committee Purpose Statement
The purpose of the GCA Construction Education Committee is to:
- Provide educational opportunities for members and non-members in the construction industry;
- Monitor the development of Construction Project Management Program at the University of Hawaii
- Implement AGC educational programs.
Specific Goals for 2019
- Offer an AGC developed Supervisory Training Program (STP) class and encourage on-line training.
- Maintain rapport with the UH College of Engineering and the UH School of Architecture, investigate and suggest possible research projects through the recommendations of other GCA committees (Government related committees, Education Foundation Board, and Safety Committee).
- Sponsor and Co-sponsor other educational opportunities.
- Construction Law
- AGC Courses
- Project Manager Development Program
- Lean Construction
- Safety Management Training Course
- Assist the Construction Career Day.
- Implement and monitor the GCA Scholarship Fund.
Committee Meeting Schedule 2019
The Committee meets bi-monthly on the fourth Thursday at 10:00am, unless noted.
December - to be advised
All scheduled meetings to be held at the General Contractors Association in the Conference Room 2 (1st Floor). A meeting notice/agenda will be sent to all members prior to the meeting date.